|Credential Level||Training hours||Coaching hours||ICF path||Mentoring Sessions||Performance evaluation||Coach Knowledge Assessment|
|Associate Certified Coach (ACC)||60||100||Path 1: ACSTH||10||Yes||Yes|
|Associate Certified Coach (ACC)||60||100||Path 2: ACTP||TASC Module V||No||Yes|
|Professional Certified Coach (PCC)||125||500||Path 1: ACSTH||10||Yes||Yes|
|Professional Certified Coach (PCC)||125||500||Path 2: ACTP||TASC Module V||No||Yes|
|Master Certified Coach (MCC)||200||2500||Ony one path||10||Yes||Yes|
An ICF credential requires:
- Training hours in an ICF accredited coach training program (ACSTH & ACTP)
- Completion of modules I through IV of Erickson College training "The Art & Science of Coaching" fulfills only the ACSTH requirements
- Completion of module V of the same training is required to fulfill the ICF ACTP standard.
- Coaching Hours
- Coaching hours with clients outside of your coach training program.
- 75% of coaching hours must be paid.
- Coaching hours completed on the job are considered as paid.
- Coaching hours must be documented in a table that contains the following data: Client Name, Contact Information, Individual / Group, Number in Group, Start Date, End Date, Paid Hours, Pro-bono hours
- Mentored Coaching hours
- Performance evaluation (only for PCC & MCC)
This tests your coaching skills. It requires two audio recordings and written transcripts of coaching sessions.
- Coach Knowledge Assessment (CKA)
- All credential applicants must complete a Coach Knowledge Assessment (CKA) consisting of multiple-choice questions. The CKA must be completed just once.
- Holders of the ICF Credential should be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the ICF definition of coaching, its core competencies and its code of ethics.
Maintaining ICF Credentials
ICF maintains high standards for professional coaches worldwide, and requires ICF Credentials to be renewed every three years. Credential renewal requires:
- Submission of the online credential renewal application with appropriate documentation.
- Participation in at least 40 hours of Continuing Coach Education (CCE) completed in the three years since the initial award of your credential or since your last credential renewal, with at least 24 hours in ICF Core Competencies.
- At least three (3) Continuing Coach Education (CCE) units in the area of coaching ethics. This applies to all coaches whose ICF Credentials are slated to expire on or after December 31, 2016.
- For ACC renewals only, an additional 10 hours of Mentor Coaching above those hours required for your initial credential, completed in the three years since the initial award of your credential or since your last credential renewal. This requirement is intended to promote your continued growth as a coach and help move you to the next credential level.
Continuing Coaching Education (CCE)
CCE is divided into two categories: Core Competencies and Resource Development.